I just spent a weekend with Thomas Campbell, who is a physicist working with NASA at Huntsville. He has written a big, 800 page book called "My Big Toe," a theory of everything. He has a number of interesting and original ideas in our various fields of interest, which I have summarized below for your entertainment.
Targ’s notes from My Big Toe (Theory Of Everything), by Thomas Campbell
Weekend workshop, Campbell, Calif., February 20-21, 2010
- Theory and experience are both necessary for understanding.
- We live in a Reality, based on Physics and Matter, PMR
- Don’t just pay attention to the stage and the sets, there are also people.
- Notice the big picture.
- The relationship of physical reality to consciousness is fundamental.
- There is no objective reality. Everything is statistical. Bit to it. (John Wheeler)
- Reality is a digital simulation. Consciousness is information. [Empty of meaning]
- The purpose of consciousness is to lower its entropy and become love.
- Growth is essential. Evolve or die.
- A form of nonphysical energy exists, capable of changing itself.
- Consciousness is a form of nonphysical energy. Assumption One.
- It is not possible to describe the superset in terms of the subset. Assumption Two.
- [You can learn Word, but you have no access to the operating system.]
- Our purpose is to learn the rule set [the organizing principles] for the system.
- It is hard to make “the system” serve your ego, since that is not its purpose.
- The system wants to reduce entropy [and increase coherence].
- [This can be done, but it requires energy.]
- Consciousness will inform quantum mechanics when consciousness is understood.
- Consciousness is outside of space and time.
- Love lowers ones entropy promoting health.
- Fear increases entropy, chaos tears the self apart creating illness.
- Ghosts, little people, and UFOs all are in an alternate reality outside of space and time.
- Data is spread all over the hard drive, like David Bohm’s implicate order.
- Our intention modifies the probability of events!